- Why Religion Matters: The Need for Faith-Specific Psychedelic Ritual - February 26, 2021
- Preservation of Ayahuasca Religious Freedom in America - February 25, 2021
- Asians and Psychedelics: Transcending the Model Minority - February 12, 2021
Join us at the Psychedelic Liberty Summit as we bring together thought-leaders from across the globe to discuss the future of psychedelic liberty:
Presented by: Chacruna
- Focus on the intersection of psychedelics, legality, and policy.
- Unite more than 30 community partners from all over the world.
- Strengthen global ties between activists, researchers, community leaders, and lawyers.
- Address peyote conservation, by calling attention to the urgent need for ethical and sustainable sourcing for vulnerable, native psychedelic plants and materials.
- Strengthen a national alliance between local decriminalization initiatives and clinical trials.
- Promote dialogue between traditional populations and scientists.
- Critical reflections on important issues:
- Commodification of psychedelics and the emergence of psychedelic corporations.
- Political, ethical, and cultural implications of transforming substances like ayahuasca into pharmaceutical medicines.
- Which substances should be decriminalized and how decriminalized should they be?
- Lessons from the cannabis industry that psychedelic advocates should be aware of.
- Accessibility of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder and psilocybin for depression for underrepresented groups.
- Visibility of people of color, especially indiginous and minority populations, within the psychedelic movement.
- Specific cultural traumas faced by people of color in relation to healing with psychedelics.
- Ethical, legal, and cultural paradoxes involved in the globalization of the use of traditional plant medicines including as ayahuasca and peyote.
We’ll see you this Spring! Get your tickets before prices go up
Take a minute and buy our books and goods:
Did you enjoy reading this article?
Please support Chacruna's work by donating to us. We are an independent organization and we offer free education and advocacy for psychedelic plant medicines. We are a team of dedicated volunteers!
Can you help Chacruna advance cultural understanding around these substances?